A B C
Every school faces many obstacles in functioning smoothly. It has to deal with multiple stakeholders and different functions. An ideal school ERP software should offer a comprehensive technology-driven solution that ensures better functioning of tasks and meets the needs of all stakeholders.
1. Data Security: A school ERP software should be highly secure and robust. In today’s highly competitive world, the school should be able to trust the ERP system in terms of data security and monetary transactions. The data backups should happen timely and the data should be safe from all kinds of attacks.
2. Integration: ERP systems should be able to integrate various processes, departments and functions by consolidating information on a central server. The design should not be complicated and the schools should be able to customize a learning management system specific to their needs.
3. Intuitiveness: It should have handy features such as quick links to configure modules in any combination, according to a school’s preference. It should be able to carry out multi-dimensional analyses in presentable forms like pie charts or bar graphs, to save time.
Fusce finibus dolor vitae dolor imperdiet facilisis. Sed bibendum, erat sit amet iaculis vestibulum, erat urna tempor odio, sit amet lacinia tellus justo et enim. Donec tempor quam et justo sollicitudin porta. Cras feugiat ac ex ac dictum. Aliquam interdum, massa quis rhoncus luctus, nibh eros bibendum augue. Morbi at ante sed tortor rutrum interdum. Aliquam velit tellus, mollis in varius quis, mollis sed turpis.
Aliquam aliquet sapien libero, nec viverra nisl fermentum in. Integer eu porttitor magna. Aliquam nisi enim, bibendum id pulvinar sed, cursus a tortor. Nullam nisi elit, mollis et feugiat nec, iaculis ac dolor. Morbi efficitur fringilla dolor a laoreet. Maecenas blandit aliquam nibh sit amet porta. Mauris et diam ut mi ornare condimentum.
The lesser time teachers spend on various administration-related activities, the more involved they will be in imparting education and preparing tomorrow’s thought leaders.
4. Alerts and Notification: Schools often need to send out messages and details to the faculty and parents. For the smooth running of a school, an ideal school ERP software should be able to set system alerts to remind when a child’s fee is due or when a parent-teacher meeting is scheduled. At times, despite the notice, parents may fail to respond or miss the due dates for fee submission. In such cases, multiple reminders may need to be sent. Ideal school management systems should be designed keeping this in mind.
5. Ease of Payment: Billing and payment are some important aspects while automating a school’s management process. An ideal school management solution should provide options to make the payment in installments. It should also be able to give a clear picture of the expenses involved for adopting the system.
6. Efficient: An ideal student information system takes care of attendance and prepares reports so that teachers don’t waste their precious time for such minor work. The basic idea is to give teachers more time to be productive in their main job—teaching, which will not only benefit students but also the school. The lesser time teachers spend on various administration-related activities, the more involved they will be in imparting education and preparing tomorrow’s thought leaders.
7. Accounts and Administration: Once the entire school management process is automated, it will be possible to take better care of some other important school activities related to communication, payroll, transport and so on. Whether it is related to teachers’ and staff’s salary computation, TDS deductions, cash flow and budget, leave adjustments or school bus routes planning – all these tasks should be manageable efficiently.
8. Communication Platform: The school management system should be able to generate detailed reports of students’ performance and conduct online polls to receive accurate feedbacks to improve the learning system. It should also provide a platform where students can give constructive inputs and discuss their areas of concern. Information regarding various activities, special events like quiz competitions or an upcoming festival should be made accessible so that students can enrol and participate in such events.
9. Parents-School Interaction: It is important that the students’ parents are able to access details about the former’s performance at any time. Most parents find it difficult to take off leave from work to visit their children’s schools. It is important for parents to keep track of their children’s performance and stay connected with teachers. An ideal student information system should address this aspect as well by providing parents with options like contacting teachers online and paying fees from anywhere.
10. Access to Study Materials: In most institutions, students have no access to classroom materials after going home. For an enhanced learning experience, students should be able to access books and materials online to revise the lessons taught in the class. Assignments should be available for students to brush up their knowledge even without the presence of a teacher. Any student who has missed a few classes or is unwell and therefore unable to attend school should have the option of easily accessing the system and catching up. This can allow a student to stay abreast of the lessons taught. It should also enable teachers to inform students about the day’s or week’s schedule in advance so that they are prepared for the new learning. Thus, an ideal school management system should be designed for all types of users, irrespective of their computer proficiency level. Being user-friendly is the ultimate key to good school management software. All modules should be so simple that the school need not spend much time training its staff. From the principal to teachers, parents to students, all the stakeholders should benefit from your school ERP software.